A successful trip is a trip that is prepared in advance! And to prepare for your next travel to Morocco, we present you in the following lines a set of information and advice in order to help you get closer and know a little bit more about traveling to the Moroccan kingdom in general and to Marrakech city in particular, especially if it is your first visit.
What to wear during my summer holidays in Marrakech?
Often tourists wonder how they should dress while visiting Marrakech. Since Morocco is a Muslim country, a very good number of Marrakchi women wear traditional full-body cloths, for this reason, travelers ask themselves often how far can we show our bodies and what areas should we cover? and how do I balance my outfits in order to look decent? But especially how to respect local people’s traditions without dying because of hot during the summer months?
One thing you should know, is that even if Morocco is a Muslim country but it is the same time cooler than you think especially in big cities like Marrakech, well you should also know that no one will kick you out of the Marrakech medina because you show too much of your body, In fact you will without any doubt notice that Marrakech looks more like a melting pot due to its wide variety of clothing styles that follows. Marrakech is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Morocco. car rental Marrakech will make you discover it all.
However, wearing very tight and exuberant clothing can attract certain looks and unwelcome forms of attention due to the important cultural difference that you should respect and understand as a traveler. Although, in order to respect the religious and cultural details and sensitivity of the inhabitants, it is then advisable to cover your shoulders, legs and around the neck as well to avoid clothes that can be too provocative.
Wearing such descent outfits actually offers a number of benefits, being covered allows you to protect your skin against sunburn which is something very common due to the presence of the sun during all the months of the year in Marrakech, very tight clothes can become quickly uncomfortable in case of very hot weather.
Where to stay in Marrakech?
In Marrakech there are many places where you can stay that varies according to your needs, budget, and location, we can say that there is everything for everyone, from luxurious hotels and typical Moroccan Riads to youth hostels.with car rental Marrakech you can even choose somewhere to stay away from the city so you can enjoy the landscapes.
If you are a traveler that is used to traveling with a backpack, and not afraid to share the room with others and you can get comfortable easily then a hostel is enough for you, in a hostel you can find breakfast included, free wifi and open 24/24, all this with a very affordable place, in a Moroccan hostel the atmosphere is different, you get to know new people coming from everywhere you can create friendships easily that may last forever, Moroccan young people are also very welcoming and cultivated, they usually talk french and English fluently. Get a car rental Marrakech and enjoy fully your holidays.
Moreover, if you are looking for comfort, privacy it is better to stay in a typical Moroccan Riad where you will feel really out of place, you will be able to discover the Moroccan architecture with car rental in Marrakech and you will feel at home. For those who don’t know exactly what a Riad is, it is a house in the heart of the city, built usually around a patio, a pool or an indoor garden. The riad decoration is without any doubt really beautiful and stunning.
The possibilities of accommodation in Marrakech are not lacking. Get a car rental in Marrakech and discover accommodations outside Marrakech.
What to visit during the holidays in Marrakech?
Once in Marrakech the frequent question travelers ask is: What are the best things to see in the Red city? Marrakech is a lively and very exciting destination, that offers a perfect blend of culture, very beautiful scenery and fascinating architecture, all you need to have is car rental in Marrakech. Also called the Pearl of the south, Marrakech has plenty of places of interest that will not make you hesitate to take your plane tickets and to visit it.
In order to help you organize your stay more easily, we have listed for you the best things to see while in Marrakech :
- The palm grove of Marrakech: it is a natural and touristic heritage well known in Morocco that you must visit for sure, it is also possible to explore this place during a camel ride or quad ride or with a car rental Marrakech.
- The Majorelle Garden: This garden belonged to the famous fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, if you particularly like him, then you can visit the Museum inside the garden which is entirely devoted to the famous couturier.
- The Marrakech Museum: a visit to this place will give you the opportunity not only to learn about the history of Marrakech but also to enjoy one of the most beautiful architectures of the city, this museum is built at the end of the 19th century and is a perfect example of classical Andalusian architecture.
- Jemaa el-Fna Square: with its traditional and popular side that seduces everyone, especially during summer nights, in this place you can find everything, from people all over the world to snake charmers. it is the perfect destination if you are willing to taste the good atmosphere of the city.
- The Koutoubia Mosque: This magnificent 12th-century mosque whose minaret overlooks the surrounding area, represents one of the must-see attractions in Marrakech thanks to its architecture and its decor illustrating perfectly the art of the Almohads!
- Ben-Youssef Madrasa: is a Koranic school with its breathtaking Moorish architecture, do not miss it while visiting Marrakech.
- Gardens of the Menara: Do you want to escape the atmosphere of the big city for a while and enjoy a calm moment between basins and olive trees, well the Menara garden is the best place to relax.
- Palace of Bahia: It is impossible to visit Marrakech without visiting this magnificent palace, the Bahia Palace is one of the masterpieces of Moroccan architecture and Islamic art.
- Medina of Marrakech: it is the perfect place to go if you want to learn more about the traditional and historical side of Marrakech, strolling through this part of the city is very unique and rewarding.
- Cyber Park Arsat Moulay Abdeslam: This garden is a must see in Marrakech especially if you are looking for shady beautiful places to escape the sun, it is located in the heart of the city, it offers peace and relaxation and it is also home to a rich variety of plants.
What are the activities you can do in Marrakech?
While in Marrakech the fun is never over, there is always something new to do and to see, and there is always plenty of activities to enjoy and landscapes with a car rental to admire if you ‘ve visited all the places and the historical monuments of Marrakech it doesn’t mean that your holidays are over, with a car rental is never the case.
Why not plan an excursion in the Atlas where you can meet the nature and get far from the city, where you can enjoy the wonderful and colorful landscapes, learn about exotic plants and their curative benefits, you will for sure admire it and want to spend more time so you can learn about the Moroccan-Berber original and authentic lifestyle. Don’t hesitate to get a car rental in Marrakech so you can be free and avoid public transportation that can be overwhelming sometimes.
Ouzoud waterfall is a place that you should not miss if you come to visit Marrakech, it is considered as the most beautiful and highest waterfalls in Morocco, located about only 150 kilometers from Marrakech, yet very accessible thanks to car rental, and as a result you can visit it in a day, in this place you can swim, have a picnic and meet local monkeys.
If you are looking for an outdoor special activity, then you can go to Toubkal National Park, home to Toubkal mountain the highest one in North Africa, it is a place worth seeing especially the village of Imlil where you can go with a car rental, and why not hike it, it will take you 2 to 3 days, all you need is to be well prepared and to do it with a guide or a group of people. It is a really challenging experience.
One of the great you experiences you can have while in Marrakech is to visit Lands of Amanar, all you need is a car rental so you can get to it, it is a unique concept in Marrakech, it is a complex offering many sports activities in order to discover the environment and thrills, it is a place adapted to any type of clientele seeking adventure and wanting to have fun, in this place you can enjoy horse riding, trekking, zip-lined, hook-park, mountains bike… the list is infinite.
You’ve enjoyed fully your holidays especially with a car rental, then there is something you can conclude your holiday in Marrakech with: Going to a steam room (Hammam), how can you visit Marrakech without enjoying the luxury of a Moroccan Bath, it is a very different experience from the spa in the western world. The Moroccan Hammam is a real privilege where you have to follow specific steps, you will relax and have your skin really smooth especially if you used Moroccan remedies.
Marrakech is a wonderful city to spend your summer holidays in thanks to its young spirit and multiple activities, don’t hesitate to get car rental while in Marrakech so you can discover all its surroundings and make your journey more remarkable.